Sunday, 5 April 2015

'Interactions and community' - The Love Your Blog Challenge



The wonderfully talented Green Triangle Girl - A Playful Day has set her readers/listeners a challenge - to fall back in love with their blogs.

I never really fell out with mine.  It's a slow burning love affair. Sometimes we just click, other times, not so much.  I think we had reached the stage where we needed to try something new.  

Green Triangle Girl is setting creative challenges to explore.  The first is 'interactions and community'.  For me, it's an opportunity to see what inspires others and to help me find my blogging voice.  

I am very lucky to be part of a hugely supportive professional community.  The Manchester Bar look out for each other.  I've been inspired, challenged, tested and supported more times than I can remember.  

But I didn't want this blog to be just about work.  My interactions and community are wider now.

I also feel very much part of a creative, inspiring online community.  Sites like Ravelry have enabled me to grow my skills as a knitter and I've found much needed assistance, ideas and challenges from fascinating people from all over the world. Through podcasts and the blogs of those podcasters, I've widened my interests.  I love taking photos and trying new crafty challenges.  I've found new articles to read, places to visit, recipes, events.  I'm amazed by the skills and talents of those whose blogs I follow and I am so grateful for their support, inspiration and ideas.   

I'm also very much enjoying being part of a community of incredibly bright, inspiring and talented students and tutors whilst completing my Masters course.  Over the last few months, its just clicked.  I've had brilliant support and although its hard to find the time I need to for study, I've found something that really interests me.  I just need a few more hours in the day!

I'm feeling inspired today.  I think it's the first sunny day 'up north' has seen for some time and that has made me get my camera out again.  Welcome to the first hints of spring in my garden...






 (Thank you also to Amanda, whose post and the beautiful blue and yellow socks made me think of spring today!)

7 comments:

  1. Glad to have found your blog through the Love Your Blog challenge. It's nice to know you like the camera too:) Looking forward to next week's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nidhi, many thanks for your comment. I'm very glad to have found your blog too! There are some beautiful photos on there and I found your post on #loveyourblog really interesting. Can't wait to read this next week's post

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely glimpse into your first hints of spring! We all belong to many communities, some more obvious that others, thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from another knitting lawyer! I find knitting such an indispensible counter to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post and seeing your lovely garden. The idea that we are more than just one interest or just what we do for a living really resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post and seeing your lovely garden. The idea that we are not just defined by one interest or by what we do for a living really resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom always says that timing is everything. I'm finding it truer and truer and coming upon this challenge at the right time is just perfect. I'm glad to hear your perspective and look forward to reading where these prompts take you :)

    ReplyDelete