Thursday, 1 January 2015

Blank Page

(This was my boxing day walk)


Happy New Year!

No resolutions.  Just a moment to reflect.

I can't believe how much has changed in just a year.  This time last January, life was bleak.  I was stuck in a situation I hated.  We'd also just lost a much loved family member, far too young.  I was exhausted.  There was nothing to look forward to.

So much has changed.  We've had some sad and stressful times, but these have been by far outweighed by exciting, fun and challenging events.  We decided to turn our situation around.  I'm so very glad we did. 

And there is more to come.  BM has an exciting new professional challenge.  I have too.  More than one!  Hopefully we'll have a move this year and we'll both finish our studies (for now).  

I can see that there will be challenges.  I've worked over much of the festive break and I'm very busy for the next few months.  I don't think i'll ever manage more than four hours sleep.  

But, we have some exciting trips planned.  I'm stronger, healthier and happier.  And there will be lots of walks with the doglet.

I'm lucky.  And i'm looking forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment